Candid photography - the art of capturing the raw, unfiltered moments of a wedding day. It's a style that speaks to the soul, a visual storytelling that naturally shows the wedding day's essence. Candid wedding photography is a style that has gained popularity in recent years. This approach captures authentic and genuine moments often overlooked in traditional wedding photography.
During our first meeting, the couple, Nick and Alona, mentioned that they preferred candid photography and were tired of posed usual shots.
So, let's discuss candid wedding photography, why it's important, and how you can be more genuine in front of the camera.
What is Candid Wedding Photography?
Candid wedding photography, also known as photojournalistic wedding photography, is a style of photography that captures the natural, unscripted moments of a wedding day. This approach captures genuine emotions and reactions rather than posed and staged images. The photographer is a fly on the wall, capturing moments as they happen in real-time without interfering or directing the action.
Why is Candid Wedding Photography Important?
Candid wedding photography is essential because it captures the true spirit of the wedding day. It documents the day's events, from the intimate moments between the couple to the celebratory moments with family and friends. These photographs tell a story and bring back memories for years to come. Traditional wedding photography can be stiff and formal, but candid wedding photography is about capturing the joy and excitement of the day naturally.
Tips for Being Candid in Front of the Camera
If you are not a professional model, posing in front of the camera can be challenging. There are a few simple tips on looking more candid in your wedding photos.
- Do not focus on the presence of the camera. Try to pay little attention to the presence of a wedding photographer. Instead, focus on the moment and the people around you. When you forget about the camera, you'll look more natural and comfortable in the photographs.
- Show your personality. Don't try to be someone you're not. Be yourself, and let your personality shine through. Candid photographs are all about capturing who you are and your genuine emotions.
- Ignore the Photographer. Just like forgetting about the camera, try to pay less attention to the photographer. We're there to capture the moment, not to direct you or make you uncomfortable.
- Interact with the people around you, whether it's your partner, family, or friends. Engage in conversations and activities, and let the photographer capture those natural moments.
- Have Fun. Most importantly, have fun! Weddings are celebrations, and candid wedding photography is about capturing that joy and excitement. So let loose, dance, and enjoy the moment.
In conclusion, candid wedding photography is an essential style that shows the wedding day "as it was". It's all about capturing natural, unscripted moments that tell a story and bring back memories for years. By forgetting about the camera, being yourself, interacting with others, and having fun, you can be more candid and relaxed. So, let your guard down, and let the candid wedding photographer capture the magic of your special day.