A time ago, we shot a proposal shoot for charming, loving people: Kim and Cici.
Later, they told us they planned to have a traditional Chinese wedding Toronto and looked for a talented Toronto Chinese wedding photographer. We were extremely happy to attend such a colourful celebration and take a lot of nice asian wedding photos. But at the same time, we were slightly worried about capturing all moments as it was our first Chinese wedding photography Toronto. One fact we knew that the couple planned to have a traditional tea ceremony Toronto.
Realizing we, Toronto Chinese wedding photographers, had gaps in our knowledge of Chinese wedding rituals, we decided to prepare on the full for the upcoming event and learn all Chinese wedding traditions. We wanted to capture the best Chinese wedding pictures for our amazing couple.
We are ready to save your time and share some insights into Chinese bridal traditions, tell more about the Chinese wedding dress, and, of course, the Chinese wedding tea ceremony.
- The first fact: it's OK if a Chinese couple cannot choose the "right" date for their wedding day for a long time. It may sound strange, but the Chinese still pay much attention to horoscopes and fortune-telling. They believe the "right" date brings double happiness and prosperity.
- The next point: don't be surprised if the bride seems sad while she is preparing for the traditional Chinese wedding. She is supposed to be sad or even cry if she does not want to shed tears in her married life. Of course, Chinese wedding photographer Toronto has to be prepared for these moments.
- It's worth mentioning according to Chinese tradition, the groom doesn't have to see the bride's face until the Chinese wedding tea ceremony. After the official marriage, the newlyweds can look at each other's faces and kiss.
- The next stop is a traditional Chinese wedding tea ceremony. What is this? What to expect, for what a Chinese wedding photographer Toronto must be prepared? First of all, there are so many various scenarios for a Chinese wedding tea ceremony Toronto. Secondly, we guarantee that the tea ceremony's wedding photos will be interesting and candid. The bride and groom treat the parents to tea; they gift them money in a red envelope, jewelry, and memorable gifts in return.
- The funny fact: often you can spot a regular wedding cake. Chinese people don't like richly decorated wedding cakes. For them, it is just a typical dessert, like other sweets and fruits.
- A Chinese traditional wedding dress is the most noticeable detail. It looks super exotic and rich! It may surprise you, but usually, a Chinese bride chooses red wedding dresses. Guess why she prefers a red, not white Chinese wedding dress? Of course, because of Chinese traditions: in China, white colour is associated with mourning and emptiness, while red is a symbol of love, richness, and happiness. Usually, a traditional Chinese dress is decorated with beads, embroidery, pearls. Often you can spot the embroidered dragon and phoenix on a Chinese wedding dress. They symbolize a man and a woman.
Nowadays, some Chinese newlyweds may partially skip the Chinese traditional wedding part for various reasons. Still, no one argues: a Chinese traditional wedding is an original and vibrant celebration! From our point of view, a traditional tea ceremony GTA part cannot be missed because Chinese wedding Toronto won't look "full" without this particular part of the day.