Time ago we shot a proposal shoot for a very nice loving people: Kim and Cici.
Later they told us they were planning to have a traditional Chinese wedding Toronto, we were extremely happy to attend such a colorful celebration. But at the same time, we slightly worried about capturing all moments as it was our first Chinese wedding photography Toronto.
We realized we had gaps in our knowledge of Chinese wedding rituals, decided to prepare on the full for the upcoming event, and learn all Chinese wedding traditions.
Now, we are ready to save your time and share some insights into Chinese bridal traditions, tell more about the Chinese wedding dress, and, of course, the Chinese wedding tea ceremony.
- The first fact: it's OK if a Chinese couple cannot choose the ""right" date for their wedding day for a long time. It may sound strange, but the Chinese still pay a lot of attention to horoscopes and fortune-telling. They believe the "right" date brings double happiness and prosperity.
- The next point: don't be surprised if the bride seems sad while she is preparing for the traditional Chinese wedding. She is supposed to be sad or even cry if she does not want to shed tears in her married life. Of course, Chinese wedding photographer Toronto has to be prepared for these moments.
- Also, it's worth mentioning, according to Chinese tradition, the groom doesn't have to see the bride's face until the Chinese wedding tea ceremony. Only after the official marriage, the newlyweds can look at each other's faces and kiss.
- The next stop is a traditional Chinese wedding tea ceremony. What is this? What to expect, for what a Chinese wedding photographer Toronto must be prepared? First of all, there so many various scenarios for a Chinese wedding tea ceremony. Secondly, we guarantee, the wedding photos of the tea ceremony will be interesting and candid. The bride and groom treat the parents to tea. In return, they gift them money in a red envelope, jewelry, and memorable gifts.
- The funny fact: often you can spot a regular wedding cake. Chinese people don't like richly decorated wedding cakes, they are a common dessert, like other sweets and fruits.
- But a Chinese traditional wedding dress is the most noticeable detail. It looks super exotic and rich! It may surprise you, but usually, a Chinese bride chooses red wedding dresses. Guess why she prefers red, not white Chinese wedding dress? Of course, because of Chinese traditions: in China, white color associates with mourning and emptiness, when red is a symbol of love, richness, and happiness. Usually, a Chinese traditional dress is decorated with beads, embroidery, pearls. Often you can spot the embroidered dragon and phoenix on a Chinese wedding dress. They symbolize a man and a woman.
Nowadays, some Chinese newlyweds may partially skip Chinese traditional wedding part for various reasons, but no one argues: a Chinese traditional wedding is an original and vibrant celebration!